The academic advantages we offer our students have built Northwestern's long-standing reputation for excellence in healthcare education. From the classroom through your clinical experiences, you’ll be taught by experienced faculty helping you fully prepare to enter professional practice.
Experience the advantages of our academic programs:
Accreditation – Northwestern is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and our professional programs by specialized accrediting agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The College of Health and Wellness offers Allied Health Programs:
- Radiologic Technology - A hands-on program that brings together the art and science of radiography to help doctors and clinicians treat patients
- Radiation Therapy - Radiation therapists are a vital part of care for patients who are battling life-threatening illness
- Medical Laboratory Sciences (A.S. in Medical Laboratory Technology or Medical Laboratory Science B.S. Completion Program) - Medical Laboratory Technicians perform extensive laboratory procedures that aid in the prevention, diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of disease
- Medical Assisting - Medical assistants enjoy diverse responsibilities while working with a variety of patients.
- The Undergraduate Health Sciences Program at Northwestern allows students to complete courses that fulfill pre-professional prerequisites and undergraduate degree requirements.
- The college also offers a Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health/Pre-Med program for students interested in applying to medical school, dental school and other health professional schools.
Blending the Science and Art of Health Care – You’ll develop the critical thinking skills necessary to make informed decisions about patient care.
Clinical Experience – We carefully design clinical experiences that build your competence and confidence as a natural healthcare provider.
Experienced Clinical Faculty – Northwestern's clinical faculty are experienced healthcare professionals.
Integrative Approach – Northwestern is creating new and collaborative ways to provide integrative, patient-centered care.
Graduate Confident and Ready – The singular purpose of your Northwestern education is to prepare for success in professional practice.